COVID19: Se avete bisogno di noi, siamo a vostra disposizione. Se avete bisogno di un trasporto, faremo del nostro meglio per aiutarvi.
Transporting all types of goods in complex logistics chains would not be possible without a standardised base to facilitate their handling. That´s why since the middle of the last century, the vast majority of loads are adaptable thanks to the pallets – a revolution in the transport sector.
The use of a standardised platform on which to place all types of goods brought about a series of changes throughout the world’s logistics chains: from the layout of warehouses to the way in which stowage is carried out.
Since the standardisation of the pallet as a universal platform, a number of immediate advantages in international logistics have been achieved:
– Goods are easily stackable in a small space, making storage more cost-effective.
– By increasing the speed of loading and unloading, handling and management costs are reduced. With the advent of the forklift, specially adapted to move pallets with ease, these advantages are multiplied.
– Once the goods are positioned and secured on the pallet, there is no need to dismantle the pallet until its final destination. By keeping the same pallet from start to finish, any risk of damage or loss of the goods is reduced.
It´s important to bear in mind that it´s not always possible to palletise all goods. Special engineering parts, such as prototypes, or machinery of unusual size and shape, require adaptable solutions. The experience in express industrial transport of companies such as HTG Express is critical, as this type of non-standard cargo requires special care and safety, as well as constant monitoring during the supply chain.
Special engineering parts, such as prototypes, or machinery of unusual size and shape, require adaptable solutions.
If fragile and delicate goods need to be transported, the pallet is an excellent platform, but the goods must not be mixed with other common packages in order to guarantee appropriate treatment. Thus, goods are handled appropriately according to their specificities and loading and unloading procedures are respected.
Nowadays, two main pallet standards exist for international transport routes :
In order to take full advantage of all the benefits provided by the use of pallets in such critical sectors as urgent industrial transport, professionals such as HTG Express make the following recommendations:
– Goods must not protrude beyond the edges of the pallet. This ensures that they can be stacked during transportation and reduces the risk of damage.
– Weight and packaging should be evenly distributed to avoid imbalance in the stowage and handling of the load. Also, try to ensure that the centre of gravity is as low as possible, placing the heaviest goods at the bottom of the pallet.
– Finally, it is advisable to secure the goods with strapping as well as wrapping with film to prevent shifting, falling or tipping over. The use of separator bases also prevents the goods from sliding on the surface of the pallet. It is also recommended to protect the inside of the packaging by filling it with bubble film, filler chips, foam balls or air bags.